Welcome to Strängnäs Greeters
Welcome to the Strängnäs Greeters! Discover Strängnäs that locals knows with free, personalised tours of the city´s local neighborhoods.
What is a Greeter?
Strängnäs Greeters are proud of Strängnäs. They are locals who love living here so much that they are enthusiastic about introducing you to their city and sharing their knowledge.
A Greeter wants to show things that can often be overlooked by visitors. They want to share their unique knowledge to help visitors to appreciate some fascinating parts of Strängnäs they might otherwise not experience.
We want to give visitors a very warm welcome to the city. We can help you to see the city through the eyes of someone who lives here. We can show you around the neighbourhoods and introduce you to local specialities, attractions, parks, alleys and side streets
Strängnäs Greeters is a FREE public service open to everyone. A group should consist of 1-6 people.
- It is free
- Greeters are volunteer and not professional tour guides.
- Each tour is unique and personal.
- We walk around the city
- A Greet takes about an hour
- A group should consist of 1-6 people.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respects natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between ordinary people in creating a better world
Book a Greeter
Fill in the form and we will contact you. Please send your request at least two working days before the day you want to meet a Greeter.